2005-10-14

First Simpsons Post

Nice new template, Mike.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is paciblog's first Simpsons post.

Here's and article from the WSJ (registration required?) on the new arabized Simpsons.

Among the many issues is this one, which also includes a favorite quote:

Few shows have more obsessed fans than "The Simpsons," and their vast online community is worried about whether classic Simpsons dialogue can even be translated. One blogger wrote, "'Hi-diddly-ho, neighbors!' How the h -- are they going to translate that? Or this great quote: Mr Burns: Oooh, so Mother Nature needs a favor?! Well maybe she should have thought of that when she was besetting us with droughts and floods and poison monkeys! Nature started the fight for survival, and now she wants to quit because she's losing. Well I say, hard cheese."

1 comment:

George said...

Re: both the Simpsons and the new blog theme:

Aaaah! My eyes! The goggles do nothing!